The Sundial Beach Resort and Spa located on Sanibel Island is currently seeking a talented and experienced Executive Sous Chef to join our team. Ideal candidates will have 5-6 years of progressive culinary experience with knowledge of advanced cooking techniques and at least 1 year in an upscale dining establishment.
- Performs all functions and jobs within the Sundial Kitchen as needed with the ability and knowledge to create advanced soups and sauces, specials and assist with menu development. As well as pastry and garde manger.
- Oversees the hot line and expedites as needed.
- Oversees production in the Sundial kitchen
- Assists with the training of all the staff, helping team members to develop and improve their skill level.
- Ensures completion of all prep and menu items in accordance with recipes and special requests.
- Creates daily specials and meets with the wait staff and cooks to conduct tasting/training for up sell opportunities.
- Preps for soups, salads, cold, hot, buffet stock and back up.
- Communicates between shifts and ensures adequate prep for the next shift.
- Coaches, trains, develops and supports all team member training and advancement
- Orders supplies and conducts inventories of kitchen items
- Organizes ingredients, recipes and/or supplies to ensure consistency and an organized and efficient production of all menu items.
Our compensation package includes a competitive annual salary, PTO after 90 days, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, STD, LTD, 401k with company match, dining and travel discounts and paid tolls for Sanibel & Cape Coral!
The Sundial Beach Resort is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities. We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE.
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
- Friendly guest service personality and positive attitude exhibited at all times.
- Knowledge of advanced cooking techniques with 5-10 years of progressive culinary experience in a high volume restaurant setting.
- Previous exposure to hot and cold food preparation as well as some garde manger & pastry experience.
- Demonstrates creative ability
- Serve safe certification
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exhibits positive attitude toward guests and team members.
- Demonstrates proactive leadership qualities.
- Professional conduct and appearance.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and handle multiple duties.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Being on Sanibel Island is like living your favorite dream.
One of the world’s best beaches at your feet. Balmy Florida sea breezes caressing your skin. All the comforts of home. And so much more.
Whether you’re imagining a romantic getaway for two or planning to create lifelong memories with your family, Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel Island offers island living with tropical flair.
Accommodations at Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel Island, Florida exist in concert with the natural beauty surrounding them. Low-rise condominiums — your second home in paradise — offer an unobtrusive profile as well as easy beach access. Four vacation accommodation styles with multiple bedroom options and a variety of views create more than a dozen choices for you to explore in our refreshing Florida beach resort. From studios to beachfront residences, you’ll enjoy tropical living on Sanibel Island at its finest.
Company Website: sundialresort.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)