The Full Time Banquet Captain oversees all aspects of a banquet or event, including set-up, food presentation, serving, and cleanup while focusing on detail and quality presentation and customer service. Banquet Captains are also responsible for training and coaching of the banquet staff.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Maintains constant communication with guests and on-site contact to ensure all expectations are met or exceeded
- Maintains constant contact with kitchen staff to ensure complete effective communication between food production and food service
- Ensures all functions are set and staff is prepared and organized before required time on BEO
- Inspects table place settings, including table linen, china, glass, silverware and condiments for correct placement and ensures that each element is clean, undamaged and attractive
- Ensures proper setting of buffet tables and other food service tables
- Supervises clearing and post function cleanup and garbage removal
- Maintains clean and orderly back areas, pre-function areas and storage areas
- Assures that all china, glassware, silverware, linen, etc are returned to their proper location after each event
- Assists with staff training programs
- Conducts regular pre-shift meetings to build rapport and ensures all team members are well informed
- Work with the Event/Sales Manager(s) to ensure quality and accuracy of set-ups within all banquet rooms and catering locations
- Become familiar with the micro system used to process banquet checks
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction
Our compensation package includes a $12.00 hourly wage, PTO after 90 days, paid holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, STD, LTD, 401k with company match, dining and travel discounts and paid tolls for Sanibel & Cape Coral!
Sundial Beach Resort and Spa is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE.
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
- Must have 3 years banquet experience
- Must be able to understand and write English
- Associate must be able to stand entire shift
- Associate must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Associate must be able to climb stairs
Being on Sanibel Island is like living your favorite dream.
One of the world’s best beaches at your feet. Balmy Florida sea breezes caressing your skin. All the comforts of home. And so much more.
Whether you’re imagining a romantic getaway for two or planning to create lifelong memories with your family, Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel Island offers island living with tropical flair.
Accommodations at Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel Island, Florida exist in concert with the natural beauty surrounding them. Low-rise condominiums — your second home in paradise — offer an unobtrusive profile as well as easy beach access. Four vacation accommodation styles with multiple bedroom options and a variety of views create more than a dozen choices for you to explore in our refreshing Florida beach resort. From studios to beachfront residences, you’ll enjoy tropical living on Sanibel Island at its finest.
Company Website: sundialresort.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)