The Sundial Beach Resort and Spa has a full time opportunity available for a PBX Operator to join our dynamic team at our gorgeous Sanibel Island location. The PBX Operator is responsible for answering/transferring incoming calls, handling guest faxes, providing guests with hotel information and answering any questions relating to the hotel and local area. In addition, they will also handle guests reservations questions, work as the main contact for all guest issues within the hotel and will be taking deposits, entering addresses, call all guests who checked-in to ensure satisfaction and other administrative clerical duties as assigned. Exceptional guest service skills and experience are a requirement in this role.
- Answer telephone calls in a timely manner.
- Answering all incoming inquires and transferring calls to appropriate departments through the switchboard.
- Be knowledgeable regarding the resort amenities and surrounding local area.
- Work efficiently while handling a high volume of calls.
- Handling administrative Front Desk duties, like “Welcome Calls”, update databases in PMS System, taking deposits.
- Speaks clearly, distinctly, and with a friendly, courteous tone.
- Logs all guest request calls and forwards the request to the appropriate department. Follow up calls with the guest in a timely manner.
- Following Telephone Etiquette Standards.
- Complete accurately a resort informational document as requested by management.
- Maintain cleanliness of Front Desk; Alert Management about the status of supplies to ensure that the front desk operates smoothly and efficiently.
- Follow all SOPs as communicated by Management.
- Carries out specified duties in the event of a fire alarm, bomb threat, guest or employee medical emergency, or system failure.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to details, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to use a variety of computer applications including PMS – System and MS Office
- Have complete knowledge of all policies, standards and procedures of the department.
- Be familiar with resort services, amenities, and outlets.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area.
- Available for work assignments outside of associate’s customary work schedule. This may include evenings, overnight, weekends and holidays.
- Adherence to all safety rules and regulations.
- Compliance with all resort policies and procedures and described and communicated by management.
Our compensation package includes a $12.00 hourly wage, PTO after 90 days, paid holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, STD, LTD, 401k with company match, dining and travel discounts and paid tolls for Sanibel & Cape Coral!
Sundial Beach Resort and Spa is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE.
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
- Must be able to understand and write English.
- Speak to guests in a warm, friendly and courteous manner
- Good organization skills.
- Pleasant telephone demeanor and attitude.
- Must work well under pressure.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- 1-2 years customer service experience is required.
- Hotel Front Desk or Guest Services experience is preferred.
Being on Sanibel Island is like living your favorite dream.
One of the world’s best beaches at your feet. Balmy Florida sea breezes caressing your skin. All the comforts of home. And so much more.
Whether you’re imagining a romantic getaway for two or planning to create lifelong memories with your family, Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel Island offers island living with tropical flair.
Accommodations at Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel Island, Florida exist in concert with the natural beauty surrounding them. Low-rise condominiums — your second home in paradise — offer an unobtrusive profile as well as easy beach access. Four vacation accommodation styles with multiple bedroom options and a variety of views create more than a dozen choices for you to explore in our refreshing Florida beach resort. From studios to beachfront residences, you’ll enjoy tropical living on Sanibel Island at its finest.
Company Website: sundialresort.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)