The Sundial Beach Resort and Spa has a full time opportunity for a Sushi Chef to join the dynamic team. The Sushi Chef will be responsible for making sushi and other offerings in compliance with recipes and standards at Sundial Beach Resort & Spa’s Shima Restaurant, while delivering an exceptional guest experience.
$650 SIGN ON BONUS!!!
- Create high quality sushi including cooking rice, rolling sushi, temperature recording, cutting and packaging for take-out and dine-in plate preparation
- Ensure all operating standards including food safety and quality are strictly adhered to
- Show gratitude and greet every guest with a big, genuine smile and eye contact
- Provide a high level of attention to guest satisfaction and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Create connections with each guest in a friendly, professional and caring manner
- Actively display knowledge of all food and beverage menu items and current promotions
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of sushi station understanding the workings of the parasite destruction requirements set forth by the state of Florida
- Order and receive raw materials and dry goods
- Maintain daily production records
- Perform monthly inventories and training of new teammates as required
- Complete opening and closing duties efficiently and safely, using the correct procedures
- Complete all assigned daily, weekly and monthly cleaning duties
- Be a team player; have lots of fun and support other teammates
- Ability to captivate guests by cooking “on stage”
- Ability to verbally explain processes of history, preparation, and cooking techniques to guests while live action cooking.
- Ensures all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality
- Strictly adheres to all recipes, methods and instructions from supervisor
- Responsible for mise-en-place, and food service for production area
- Consistently checks food handling and storage procedures while training team members to do the same
- Assists Teppenyaki Chef in documenting and maintaining a waste log to improve forecasting and production models as well as adjusting daily requisitions to reflect trends and forecasts.
- Completes daily walk-thru upon arrival to outlet to ensure equipment is in good repair and outstanding safety and sanitation issues have been resolved
- Conducts daily walk-thru prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, rotation, and proper labeling of all food items, proper storage of all food items, proper removal/disposal of leftover,
- Maintain USA/FLA/FDA/Parasite destruction notices and standards for outlet
- Inventory and ordering of all food items
- Reconciliation of items upon receipt
Our compensation package includes an $18.00 hourly wage, PTO after 90 days, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, STD, LTD, 401k with company match, dining and travel discounts and paid tolls for Sanibel & Cape Coral!
Sundial Beach Resort and Spa is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE.
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective English communication skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience as a sushi chef with experience in all sushi preparations including sushi, sashimi and maki.
- Must have superior knife skills, creating exciting visual presentations for their food that are neat and clean with an eye for artistic balance
- Knowledge of all sushi related products and menu development
Being on Sanibel Island is like living your favorite dream.
One of the world’s best beaches at your feet. Balmy Florida sea breezes caressing your skin. All the comforts of home. And so much more.
Whether you’re imagining a romantic getaway for two or planning to create lifelong memories with your family, Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel Island offers island living with tropical flair.
Accommodations at Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel Island, Florida exist in concert with the natural beauty surrounding them. Low-rise condominiums — your second home in paradise — offer an unobtrusive profile as well as easy beach access. Four vacation accommodation styles with multiple bedroom options and a variety of views create more than a dozen choices for you to explore in our refreshing Florida beach resort. From studios to beachfront residences, you’ll enjoy tropical living on Sanibel Island at its finest.
Company Website: sundialresort.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)