The Sundial Beach Resort and Spa located in sunny Sanibel, Florida has an immediate opening for a full time Pizza Cook.
$500 SIGN ON BONUS!!!
The Pizza Cook will provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional experience for all of our guests. Take orders and prepare all menu items, using recipes and proper cooking techniques. Ensuring cost control while maintaining effective safety and sanitation procedures and the highest of quality standards in timing, taste and presentation. Has an energetic and positive attitude with our guests and team members.
- Performs all functions and jobs within the Sundial pizza Kitchen as needed with the ability and knowledge to create recipes, doughs, sauces and salads, as set forth by the executive chef.
- Works the cold line and insures all product is fresh and organized for service
- Works the pizza oven under the direction of the supervisor or chef
- Ensures completion of all prep and menu items in accordance with recipes and special requests
- Preps for salads, cold, hot, ice creams, doughs, sauces and back up
- Communicates between shifts and ensures adequate prep for the next shift
- Assists in ordering supplies
- Understand and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work and service area including tables, shelves, walls, oven, and refrigeration equipment
- Take food orders from guests; accurately enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen.
- Accept payment, process credit card and room charges or make change accurately.
- Handle phone orders with professionalism and accurately collect information needed to complete order.
- Promptly report equipment and food quality problems to Manager.
- Assists with the organization of ingredients, recipes and/or supplies to ensure consistency and an organized and efficient production of all menu items
- Exhibits flexibility and emotional control when dealing with last minute changes and special requests
- Properly stores all food, which must be covered, labeled, dated and rotated on a daily basis to ensure proper health code requirements and quality.
Our compensation package includes $16.00-$18.00 Hourly Wage (based on experience), PTO after 90 days, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, STD, LTD, 401k with company match, dining and travel discounts and paid tolls for Sanibel & Cape Coral!
The Sundial Beach Resort and Spa is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. chm
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School and/or vocational school diploma and culinary training preferred
- 1-2 years culinary experience with knowledge of some cooking techniques and 1 year in an fast paced dining establishment
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Demonstrate creative ability
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and be guided
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English
Being on Sanibel Island is like living your favorite dream.
One of the world’s best beaches at your feet. Balmy Florida sea breezes caressing your skin. All the comforts of home. And so much more.
Whether you’re imagining a romantic getaway for two or planning to create lifelong memories with your family, Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel Island offers island living with tropical flair.
Accommodations at Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel Island, Florida exist in concert with the natural beauty surrounding them. Low-rise condominiums — your second home in paradise — offer an unobtrusive profile as well as easy beach access. Four vacation accommodation styles with multiple bedroom options and a variety of views create more than a dozen choices for you to explore in our refreshing Florida beach resort. From studios to beachfront residences, you’ll enjoy tropical living on Sanibel Island at its finest.
Company Website: sundialresort.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)