Sundial Beach Resort & Spa, located on tropical Sanibel Island, is seeking an enthusiastic On Call Banquet Set Up to join our fabulous Food & Beverage team.
The purpose of the Banquet Setup position is to set, maintain, and refresh resort banquet meeting rooms, catering outside events according to sales contract and resort standards. This position must ensure cleanliness and organization is completed in a timely manner and assists the supervisor during large functions. The Banquet Setup must ensure that all banquet and meeting rooms are properly set in a timely manner, so that the banquet service staff may prepare for functions. Responsible for timely and safe breakdown of meeting rooms after event completion. Must refresh rooms on time, have water in rooms, clean rooms and set for appropriate functions.
- Maintain a friendly and approachable attitude towards guests and staff.
- Maintain a professional appearance and mannerism.
- Assist with set-up of tables, linens, chairs, etc. for full service of banquet events.
- Maintain knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Maintain sense of urgency when on the service floor.
- Maintain back of the house, front of the house and side work duties for overall productivity of banquet events.
- Maintain positive and professional attitude.
- Complete all other assigned duties when necessary.
- Maintain clear and open communication between all staff members for overall event success.
- Follow Health and Safety practices at all times.
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties
- Must be able to read banquet event orders ( BEO’s)
- Review banquet event orders (BEO’s) at the beginning of each shift to ensure room is set as contracted
- Be in communication with lead banquet supervisor, and catering manager regarding any special needs
- Assist in ensuring that events are on time. Make adjustments as needed and relay that information to the appropriate personnel
Our compensation package includes a $8.50 hourly wage ( gratuity)
Sundial Beach Resort and Spa is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE.
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
- Associate must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Associate must be able to push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Associate must be able to stand entire shift
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Associate must be able to climb stairs
- Associate must be able to communicate in English both written and verbal skills
Being on Sanibel Island is like living your favorite dream.
One of the world’s best beaches at your feet. Balmy Florida sea breezes caressing your skin. All the comforts of home. And so much more.
Whether you’re imagining a romantic getaway for two or planning to create lifelong memories with your family, Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel Island offers island living with tropical flair.
Accommodations at Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel Island, Florida exist in concert with the natural beauty surrounding them. Low-rise condominiums — your second home in paradise — offer an unobtrusive profile as well as easy beach access. Four vacation accommodation styles with multiple bedroom options and a variety of views create more than a dozen choices for you to explore in our refreshing Florida beach resort. From studios to beachfront residences, you’ll enjoy tropical living on Sanibel Island at its finest.
Company Website: sundialresort.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)