The beautiful Sundial Beach Resort and Spa has an immediate opening for a full time Houseperson. The primary role of this position is to maintain an acceptable level of quality control in areas assigned according to the standards of the Resort and ensuring that all Room Attendants have what they need to do their work on a daily basis.
- Clean all areas assigned and ensure they are in accordance with the level of quality for the Resort. Perform all guests requests in a timely manner. Stock floors with all materials needed by housekeeping personnel.
- Report any problems of quality to the Supervisor to inspector.
- Report any maintenance problems to Housekeeping Department designated personnel.
- Ensure all assets and supplies for the department are secure and in storage at all times
- Report to Safety any suspicious activity on the floors.
- Keep Housekeeping Manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance so corrective action may be taken.
- Follow all schedule changes by management.
- Maintain and project a positive attitude.
- Have complete knowledge of all policies, standards and procedures of the department.
- Be familiar with resort services, amenities, and outlets.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area.
- Available for work assignments outside of associate’s customary work schedule. This may include evenings, overnight, weekends and holidays.
- Adherence to all safety rules and regulations.
- Compliance with all resort policies and procedures and described and communicated by management.
- Carry out any reasonable request by management of which the associate is capable of performing.
Our compensation package includes a $10.00 hourly wage, PTO after 90 days, paid holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, STD, LTD, 401k with company match, dining and travel discounts and paid tolls for Sanibel & Cape Coral!
Sundial Beach Resort and Spa is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are a drug free workplace/EOE.
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
- Must be able to understand and write English.
- Report for work in a well groomed manner, uniform worn to standard, name tag on.
- Physically able to move large objects such as : carts, large bags of linen, ironing board.
- Physically able to operate cleaning equipment such as: vacuum cleaners, brooms, spray bottles.
- Valid drivers’ license to operate a Resort golf cart.
- Ability to push or pull linen carts and trash bins sometimes exceeding 500 lbs.
- Ability to read and recognize room / unit numbers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guest and team members verbally or in written form.
- Ability to learn, follow and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to aspects of the units.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency situations.
Being on Sanibel Island is like living your favorite dream.
One of the world’s best beaches at your feet. Balmy Florida sea breezes caressing your skin. All the comforts of home. And so much more.
Whether you’re imagining a romantic getaway for two or planning to create lifelong memories with your family, Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel Island offers island living with tropical flair.
Accommodations at Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel Island, Florida exist in concert with the natural beauty surrounding them. Low-rise condominiums — your second home in paradise — offer an unobtrusive profile as well as easy beach access. Four vacation accommodation styles with multiple bedroom options and a variety of views create more than a dozen choices for you to explore in our refreshing Florida beach resort. From studios to beachfront residences, you’ll enjoy tropical living on Sanibel Island at its finest.
Company Website: sundialresort.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)