The Sundial Beach Resort and Spa has a full time opportunity available for a Hibachi/Teppanyaki Chef to join the dynamic team at our gorgeous Sanibel Island location.
$650 SIGN ON BONUS!!!!
Primary role includes a professional, hands-on approach, which involves: leading, training, and demonstrating exemplary culinary skills and knowledge. Directly responsible for all culinary aspects in the kitchen and staff including inventories, set-up, preparation, food quality, breakdown, and sanitation. The Teppanyaki Chef is accountable for ensuring all Sundial Resort and Spa, procedures and recipes are followed consistently.
- Strong knowledge of all basic Asian cooking techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Teppanyaki-style cooking philosophies and principles including but not limited to Chinese, Thai, and Japanese.
- Ability to prepare all Teppanyaki mise en place including starches, vegetables, trimming and cutting of proteins.
- Ability to captivate guests by cooking “on stage”.
- Ability to verbally explain processes of history, preparation, and cooking techniques to guests while live action cooking.
Sundial Beach Resort and Spa is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
Our compensation package includes a $18.00 hourly wage, PTO after 90 days, paid holidays, Vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, 401k with company match, dining and travel discounts and paid tolls for Sanibel & Cape Coral!
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/Equal Opportunity Employer
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
- Exceptional guest service skills.
- Teppanyaki skills successfully fulfill job requirements.
- 2-4 year Culinary degree or equivalency.
- 1 years of Teppanyaki experience.
- 2 years of culinary experience with Asian influences. (may be combined with formal culinary training)
Being on Sanibel Island is like living your favorite dream.
One of the world’s best beaches at your feet. Balmy Florida sea breezes caressing your skin. All the comforts of home. And so much more.
Whether you’re imagining a romantic getaway for two or planning to create lifelong memories with your family, Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel Island offers island living with tropical flair.
Accommodations at Sundial Beach Resort & Spa on Sanibel Island, Florida exist in concert with the natural beauty surrounding them. Low-rise condominiums — your second home in paradise — offer an unobtrusive profile as well as easy beach access. Four vacation accommodation styles with multiple bedroom options and a variety of views create more than a dozen choices for you to explore in our refreshing Florida beach resort. From studios to beachfront residences, you’ll enjoy tropical living on Sanibel Island at its finest.
Company Website: sundialresort.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)